KITT4SME is an EU-funded project which provides the IT-infrastructure and core AI-based software modules to support the production by SMEs and mid-caps from the manufacturing world. The project will launch two rounds of Open Calls, namely Type-A and Type-B:
- Type-A: invites solution providers, that is SMEs and mid-caps which develop AI-based software solutions with a value for the manufacturing industry (launched in July 2021)
- Type-B: invites small teams of solution providers and end-users to conduct pilot experiments (will be launched in 2022).
KITT4SME invites SMEs and midcaps from the AI-developer community with a proposition for the manufacturing industry to join the project and gain access to technical know-how and the chance to create ‘success stories’ for their solutions through the project’s pilot experiments.
Applicants will be eligible for up to 100.000€ per entity and have many opportunities to gain exposure by joining the RAMP Marketplace – a community of developers and end-users for Industry 4.0 – and through the I4MS initiative.
Why should you apply?
- Get exposure through the project’s testing and dissemination activities or through RAMP (if they choose to keep their solution in RAMP)
- Gain technical support on interfacing their solutions with FIWARE based platforms and introduce their solution to the KIT4SME architecture and ecosystem
- Make use of RAMP’s matchmaking functionality (end-users search for solutions that are available to them through the marketplace via ‘smart search’)
- Get access to pilot experiments and validate their solutions with real data. This is expected to help solution providers to obtain demonstrable success stories from real manufacturing environments and thus enrich their marketing activities. Gain visibility in the RAMP and the wider I4MS ecosystem
- Gain funding for the integration to the platform and the validation of their AI component
Why we do it?
- Validate the ability of the KITT4SME platform to scale-up and increase the number of the solutions offered to the (SME) manufacturing community
- Validate the business objective of the project to create a link between (technical) solution providers and (manufacturing) end-users
- Increase the number of ‘industry-ready’ AI solutions that provide real benefits in the manufacturing shopfloor solving existing challenges, offered via the Marketplace (for the solution providers that opt to keep their solutions in RAMP)
- Test and validate the ability of the Marketplace to host new solutions (even beyond the duration of the project) in an ‘easy to integrate’ fashion