Last update: July 12th, 2021
The European H2020 Project KITT4SME (GA 952119) aims at creating an optimal environment for the integration of human automation and a cooperation that exploits and supports the capabilities of workers. The project will launch two rounds of Open Calls and invites SMEs and midcaps from the AI-developer community with a proposition for the manufacturing industry to join the project and gain access to technical know-how and the chance to create ‘success stories’ for their solutions through the project’s pilot experiments.
KITT4SME acts according to the Articles 12, 13 and 14 of the European Regulation 2016/679 of the 27th of April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (“GDPR” in the following, namely General Data Protection Regulation), informs on the following:
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (data subject); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
Processing means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Controller and Data protection officer
Controller of the personal data: CRIT Srl; with headquarter in via Confine 2310, 41058 Vignola (MO), phone: +39 059 776 865; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
KITT4SME Data Manager: CRIT Srl; with headquarter in via Confine 2310, 41058 Vignola (MO), phone: +39 059 776 865; e-mail: email@example.com
Data protection officer: Giulia Di Bari, CRIT Srl
Why does KITT4SME need to collect data?
- To communicate with you when you send us an e-mail.
- To send you informative and/or commercial communications by e-mail about the activities, initiatives or programmes of KITT4SME.
- To answer your questions, queries, suggestions or request opinion or satisfaction surveys.
- To manage your registration, attendance and contracting to the different initiatives promoted or organised by KITT4SME.
- To assess and manage the proposals that you send us within the framework of the different activities, initiatives, programmes and challenges of KITT4SME.
- To analyse visit metrics of our websites. For this, we collect information from your visits, by registering the IP address or protocol of your device. When you access any of our web pages, your IP address is automatically stored for the purpose of collecting this information purely for statistical purposes.
- To perform segmentation tasks. We can carry out the segmentation or elaboration of profiles in order to direct our communications and programmes. The analysis of the profiles will not have any significant effect on the user’s rights.
In order to allow SMEs and midcaps to participate in KITT4SME calls, the following data will be collected:
- Identifying information: name, surname, postal address, email address, postal code, city, country and telephone number and, eventually, position, company and activity sector.
- Academic and professional data: training/qualifications, student history and professional experience, in the case of selection processes or when you present your proposals within the framework of our programmes, challenges or initiatives.
- Traffic and location data. In this sense, we can collect additional information from visits to the web by registering the IP address or protocol of your device.
- Electronic communications metadata.
- Commercial information data.
- Economic, or financial, banking data.
By providing your data, you ensure us that these are true, accurate, complete and up-to-date, responsible for any direct or indirect damage or loss that may be caused as a result of the breach of such obligation. In case you provide us with third party data, you must have the consent of the same and commit to transferring the information contained in this clause, exempting us from any responsibility in this regard. CRIT may carry out the verifications to check this fact, adopting the corresponding due diligence measures, in accordance with the data protection regulations.
Your participation in KITT4SME open calls is entirely provided on a voluntary basis. If you choose not to participate in the study, you are free to do so.
Duration and right to withdraw
Your participation in the calls will last until the end of the same open calls [end of project date]. During that time, we will contact you for collecting data about your projects.
You have the right to withdraw from the calls at any time. Please, check the Guide for Applicants for conditions for withdrawal. The processing of your data will finish by the end of the project and all data will be deleted 3 years after at the latest.
Information sharing and confidentiality
Your information and the acquired data are strictly confidential. Your data and information will be used for research and administrative purposes only by the members of the KITT4SME project. In no cases will your data be sold to third parties. The analysis of results might be subject of scientific publications, always respecting the strict confidentiality of participants. In order to do so, any information will be anonymized prior to publication. The experimenter and project managers are strictly bound by professional secrecy when using your data and when managing connections between your data and you.
Your rights regarding your personal data
At any time during the duration of the study you can rely on the following rights over your personal data:
- Right to access the personal data we may hold about you and the purposes for which we are using them (Art.15);
- Right to modify any personal data which is incorrect or requires updating (Art.16);
- Right to delete any personal information pertaining to you (Art.17).
This informed consent is signed in two copies, guaranteeing that you have read and understood its contents. One copy is for you and the other will be kept by the KITT4SME researchers.
Data processing and security measures
KITT4SME partners involved in the open calls process lawfully the data described above according to the legitimate interests pursued by them (see Article 6, paragraph 1, letter f of the GDPR). These legitimate interests are the performance of the KITT4SME’s activities.
KITT4SME partners don’t use process personal data by means of tools for automated profiling.
Personal data storing tools
KITT4SME partners can use data storing tools located both in the company (file server installed in the headquarter) and in the cloud, these latter managed by European or US companies. Whilst European companies must be compliant with the GDPR, US companies must ensure an adequate level of protection according to the agreement (UE) 2016/1250 of the 12th of July 2016.
Acceptance and consent
CRIT reserves the right to modify this policy to adapt it to legislative or jurisprudential changes, as well as to industry practices. When we carry out these changes, we will announce them before their implementation.